Mercenary Kate Daniels knows all too well that magic in post-Shift Atlanta is a dangerous business. But nothing she’s faced could have prepared her for this…
Kate and the former Beast Lord Curran Lennart are finally making their relationship official. But there are some steep obstacles standing in the way of their walk to the altar
Kate’s father, Roland, has kidnapped the demigod Saiman and is slowly bleeding him dry in his never-ending bid for power. A Witch Oracle has predicted that if Kate marries the man she loves, Atlanta will burn and she will lose him forever. And the only person Kate can ask for help is long dead.
The odds are impossible. The future is grim. But Kate Daniels has never been one to play by the rules…
First, you need to know Ilona Andrews’s works are gold.
And if the concept of a book is gold confused you, just think of how good double chocolate cookies taste like, then apply that to her books. It works that way too. Which, I think that would make me Cookie Monster when I pick this book up because seriously, I was DEVOURING it!
My point is, Magic Binds—like any other of Ilona Andrew’s books—is not an exemption to perfection. YES, this perfect-magnificent-omg-DEVOURABLE specimen of book is a must read!! In fact, I don’t even think my review deserves this drop-dead magnificent book (shh…there is nothing wrong with this sentence).
The Ultimate List of MAGIC BINDS’s Awesomeness:
○ Wedding. Wedding. WEDDINGGG!! (& how choosing a cake flavor can drive Kate crazier than her stabby-dabby-I’m-evil dad).
○ Tons of more Kate Daniels’s ass-kicking actions.
○ Babies! Small babies, big babies, newborn babies, not-yet-born babies… Get your fill!
○ A handful of good ol’ Christopher when he finally get real interesting (*wink*). Also, let’s not forget all the hilarious, awesome side characters that I absolutely adore.
○ THERE ARE UNICORNS IN THIS BOOK!!
○ Okay no, not unicorns. They’re Pegasus. But flying horses & colorful spectrum horse-ish creatures are BOTH IN MY MUST LIST!
○ This huge, marvelous, unabridged version of Kate’s family history that is basically the best things ever.
○ There is a full on battle, all stabby-dabby-PEOPLE-BLEEDING kind of battle that is totally EPIC! (don’t look at me like that, I’m fine). Seriously, epic actions = me like.
○ And I cannot believe I didn’t include this, but tons of squeal-worthy Curran and Kate sessions. BECAUSE MY HEART DEFINITELY DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH THINGS TO FANGIRL ABOUT.
I love love love this fantastic book. I can’t seriously get my fill of this series. The dynamic is amazing, the characters are hilarious but at the same time, thought-provoking, as always. Kate Daniels never let me down with her sass! And all of those prophecies and magic and PLOT TWISTS just keep on pulling me toward the edge of my seat. READ. THE. BOOK!