I’m joking… I’m joking… There is no way I would lay even my nail on a book…
Sorry for that heart attack. The truth is, I was tagged by not one, but two awesome awesome bloggers, Raven @Dreamy Addictions and Brigitte @ The Book and The Bone, to do this no less amazing tag called The Burn, Rewrite, Reread Book Tag.
Are you ready to fry some books? HOP IN!
- Randomly choose 3 books (Tip: Use the “Sort > Random” option on your Goodreads’ Read shelf.).
- For each group, decide which book to burn, which one to rewrite, and which to reread (a lot like Kiss, Marry, Kill).
- Repeat until you completed three rounds (or six).
1. Burn: The Professional by Kresley Cole — The attraction the two main characters is just too sudden and…unrealistic. It’s a bad meh for me.
2. Rewrite: The Glass Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg — I adore the concept of this book. Paper magicians? That’s pretty cool. However, the heroine quite rash to the point that it’s irritated me.
3. Reread: Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter — Come on, no one can say no to high-class, fancy thieves. 😉
1. Burn: The Sky Drifter by Paris Sing — Okay, this is not a bad book, it’s just…not good enough to fight back the next two I about to list. But if you love sci-fi, this book is for you!
2. Rewrite: The Pirate’s Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke — Uhh, I love the ideas and setting of this book. Though the writing somehow irritated me to the point I almost give it up (I didn’t, thanks God). It would be nice if my problem with the writing can be solved.
3. Reread: H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education by Mark Walden — Aww, I lurrrrrrrv the gripping plot and all the action scenes. It’s basically Hogwarts of High Tech for Villains.
1. Burn: Rock Hard by Nalini Singh — I have little memories about this book, except for it’s a rock star kind of romance book (I guess??) and there is a lot of drama.
2. Rewrite: Bully by Penelope Douglas — I really enjoy this book. The only problem I have is that the reason that cause the conflict in this book is a bit too….unrealistic. But if you are a fan of best friends (then enemies) to lovers romance, totally should pick this up!
3. Reread: The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting — The suspension, the supernatural effect, the relationships… everything in this book is perfect.
1. Burn: Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz — I really enjoy Twilight. There, I said it. It’s authentic and was the reason for our new wave of paranormal vampiristic books. However, if you know me, I ugh hate books that are basically wax figures of other well-known books, and that’s what this book is, a Twilight’s wax figure.
2. Rewrite: In Too Deep by Eliza Jane — So here is my problem. I can barely remember what this book is about. I mean, it’s not unlikely for me to forget bits and pieces of books I’ve read, but there is no way I can completely forget about the plot and everything (apparently this is about a hacker). So, in the courtesy of the 3 stars I gave it, rewrite we go. 😉
3. Reread: Dreamology by Luxy Keating — I love love lovelovelove this book. The concept of dream fascinated me, and the writing is super adorable!
1. Burn: Marked by P.C. Cast — This book got big love, and I DON’T GET IT! This book is not just a drama queen, it’s a freaking drama empress, and it irritated me to the point I’ve wished several times to strangle it during my read.
2. Rewrite: Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier — I love this book to death, but it got the rewrite spot not only because the next book coming up is like a league above this (sorry), but also I would like our heroine here to be a bit more mature.
3. Reread: The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson — This is freaking Brandon Sanderson with his freaking Mistborn series. You don’t say no to stuff like this. EVER.
1. Burn: The Eternal City by Paula Morris — This book is boring and super draaaaaaaging…. *yawn*
2. Rewrite: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank — I appreciate the importance of this diary, really. But you can only hear a teenage girl ramblings for so long.
3. Reread: Archangel’s Kiss by Nalini Singh — One of best urban legend books out there peeps. One of the best…
And I Tag…
And of course, YOU! And as usual, remember to check out those awesome people up there. They are awesome!! ❤
Have fun “burning” this!