Howdy guys! It’s Mariana! 😀
Welcome back to another Monthly Wrap-up post. March was quite a busy month for me, especially since I got a bunch of ARC waiting to be reviewed (I take full responsible). However, Spring Break was definitely a life-saver, so everything seems to be a bit less stressful. Yay!
1. Fire Falling by Elise Kova — Thanks a bunch to my buddy Raven who warned me to get the 3rd book along to protect my feels from “nightmarish cliffhanger that left [her] shattered” (you are my savior 😉 ).
2. The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke — Assassin and pirate. Enjoyable enough.
3. The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
4. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
5. The Undying by Ethan Reid
6. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab — I don’t know why I’ve waited this long to read this book.
7. These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker & Kelly Zekas
8. The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins — THIS. BOOK. IS. GLORIOUS! Read it!! ❤
9. Riders by Veronica Rossi — I had such a fun time reading this. Legendary Horsemen with sense of humor. You tell me…
10. Cinder by Marissa Meyer — I know right? Finally! 😀
11. Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer — The suspense and the supernatural hint were so so good. Totally recommend it!
12. Flunked by Jen Calonita
- When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James
- When the Duke Returns by Eloisa James
- A Week to Be Wicked by Tessa Dare
- Happily Bedded Bliss by Tracy Anne Warren
- Three Weeks With Lady X by Eloisa James
- Four Nights With the Duke Eloisa James
- The Art of Taming a Rake by Nicole Jordan — Literally, from 1 to 7 are my obsession reads from Spring Break about Historical Romance. Talk about books that make you blush…
- The War for the Waking World by Wayne Thomas Batson — It was a great way to end this series, though it’s still missing something.
- Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey — This is the cutest Historical Fiction I’ve ever read. Review to come on Apr 29!
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh — AHHHH!! Someone save my poor mind from this insanity!
- Earth’s End by Elise Kova — Look at no. 10 for reference to my reaction. XD
- The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig — I was “hooked” hahaha… (no one laugh at their own joke, silly Mariana).
- The Black Taj by Mohini Kent — It was a nice little read about Indian’s culture and their caste system. Kind of dramatic though.
- Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson — Reread time! Oh, and did I mention I died the nth time reading this?
- Batter Up by Robyn Neeley — Looking for a sweet and short read? This book got you, with lots of cutie cupcakes.
- Undecided by Julianna Keyes — This is like the most amazing, realistic, meaningful NA I’ve read.
- Once Kissed by Cecy Robson
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab — It’s Schwab, what would you expect my reaction to be? (squeal and more internal squeals, yep, you got it).
- The Pirate’s Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke
- The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge — Hauntingly suspending book here!
- The May Queen Murders by Sarah Jude — Beautifully eerie… I just love reading this book.
- Much of Madness by S.E. Summa — The best Mardi Gras I’ve attended!!
- Scouting for the Reaper by Jacob M. Appel
- Dreamology by Lucy Keating — This is such an awesome and adorable read. I love everything about it! ❤
Man… That list killed me…
Overall Book Reads: 32 (Hurray!!! 😀 )
The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins
The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge
Much of Madness by S.E. Summa
Undecided by Julianna Keyes
The Syndicate by Sophie Davis
The War for the Waking World by Wayne Thomas Batson
The Black Taj by Mohini Kent
Batter Up by Robyn Neeley
I had an amazing month of reading for me. I don’t think I have any 1 star book at all! 😀
There were a lot of cool things happened to me in this month. Check out…
- I broke the news with y’all with my eagerness to finally getting on The world of Lunar Chronicles.
- I got nominated for the The Versatile Blogger Award, it was so awesome!
- I got my first Book Haul this month, and it’s official! Why? Find out here.
- I had an absolutely wonderful time chatting with the author of Rarity from the Hollow through an Interview With Robert Eggleton. <3.
Life was good, and school was…busy, as always. Still, Spring Break was a huge opportunity for me to just escape, alongside with Easter and other holidays. It was a great month for me.
Also, like I mentioned in my Unofficial Book Haul, a high school near my house hosted a Old Library Books Giveaway. I got myself some, and also received some from publishers. It was awesome!
I also feel like I became open up more. I reached out for people and actually have the gut to email some publishers for questions on ARCs (it was frightening). It was a superb experience, scary or not, and I’m glad I decided to do that. 😀
Let’s Chat: How was your March in books? Did you read any of those books I listed? Your thoughts?
P/s: Oh, and this is like a survey, but I just wonder what do you guys think about the way I set up the post. Should I or shouldn’t I list every book I’ve read out and leave a small comment with it? Or should I just including the picture without the link? I just afraid that makes the post too long, though I enjoy doing it. 🙂
Thanks a bunch, and see you on the next post!