Hello everyone! It’s Mariana, and welcome back to another book tag, The Burrito Bowl Tag!
I want to give a big thank to Raven @ Dreamy Addictions for tagging me! Big, gigantic hug for you! ❤
1. RICE: THE FOUNDATION – “THE BOOK THAT GOT YOU INTO READING (OR BOOK BLOGGING)”
Undeniable, it’s Percy Jackson. I remember reading this when I was in 2nd grade and immediately fell in love with it. The series was definitely the gateway to reading “addiction” to me.
2. BEANS: THE FILLER – “A BOOK WITH A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING HAPPENING”
The Eternal City by Paula Morris. Although there are a great deal of details—beautiful ones—in this book, all the twists happened toward the last 5% of the book, and they aren’t even gripping enough. It was quite a drag reading this book for me.
3. PROTEIN: THE BUILDING BLOCK – “A BOOK QUOTE TO LIVE BY”
Sirius, why?! *hide in the Feels Corner*
4. FAJITAS: THE CRUNCH OF TEXTURE – “A BOOK WITH IMMACULATE WORLD-BUILDING”
Side Note: The “fajitas” word reminds me of this one time when I accidentally say the “j” sound in it instead of “h” and received a huge row of laughter from my cousins in iHop.
Harry Potter is too obvious, so I’ll choose The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman. The world-building of this book is AMAZING, with dragons, and books, and bibliophiles, and fae, and… I think they have every single awesome thing that you can think of.
5. SALSA: THE DANCE OF FLAVOUR – “A BOOK THAT KEPT YOU ON YOUR TOES”
Damage Done by Amanda Panitch is a true roller-coaster. This book is a crazy page-turner that plays with your mind and “keep you on your toes” ’till the very last page. All of the secrets and mysteries! ❤
6. CORN: THE EXPLOSION OF SWEETNESS – “A MEMORABLE SCENE INVOLVING FRIENDSHIP/ROMANCE”
“You intolerable lunatic,” he snarled at me, and then he caught my face between his hands and kissed me.”
Okay, don’t get the quote wrong. It’s just a very protective moment between the Dragon and Agniezka from Uprooted *swoon lightly*. Needless to say, this book is a MASTER PIECE!
7. CHEESE: THE BOND OF CALCIUM – “TWO CHARACTERS FROM DIFFERENT BOOKS YOU WISH COULD BE FRIENDS
8. SOUR CREAM: THE TANGY TOPPER – “THE QUIRKIEST CHARACTER YOU’VE EVER READ (PROTAGONIST OR SUPPORTING)”
Otto Malpense from H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education immediately pop up in my head. He has all the crazingly brilliant ideas and plans that you can never expect. Also, did I mention the fact that he is super intelligent?
9. GUACAMOLE: THE COST OF CREAMINESS – “A BOOK YOU PAID TOO MUCH FOR (BASED ON UTILITY EXPERIENCED)”
I mostly use eBook, and constantly on a I-need-to-save-money basic, so I hardly ever buy books that are overly expensive. Though I wish that I would own a bookshelf full of leather-bound books when I grow up. What a great thing to have *satisfy sigh*.
I also don’t mind having the cat as a bonus. 😀
10. LETTUCE: THE HANDFUL OF CRISPNESS – “A REFRESHING CONCEPT/THEME IN A BOOK”
Poison Study is not your normal fantasy book. There are many intrigue things in this book, with a delicious mix between magic and modern taste. I love this book!
11. CHIPS: LE PIÈCE DE RÉSISTANCE – “A MUST-READ RECOMMENDATION IF YOU LIKE [THIS BOOK/GENRE—YOU DECIDE!]”
If you love Urban Fantasy, you must not miss the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. I seriously read every single available book in the series in 4 days, just because I could NOT bring myself to put it down!
12. TABASCO: THE KICK TO THE FACE – “YOUR FAVOURITE FIGHT/ACTION SEQUENCE”
Battle of Hogwarts, anyone? (I’m welcoming the feels)
AND THE NOMINEES ARE…
- Becky @ Blogs Of A Bookaholic
- Summer @ Xingsings
- Jess @ Blogging Everything Beautiful
- Anna @ My Bookish Dream
- Kelly @ Stellar Scrutiny
- Paige @ Page by Paige
- Audrey @ Forwards And Bookwords