Hi guys! Welcome to 12 Days of Christmas Blogging. Continue with yesterday Day 1, I have with me here Day 2 (of course Mariana, everyone knows how to count).
But wait, since it supposes to be in December, and the Christmas’s vibe is starting to calm down (not me, I’m still hiding in my room listening to Christmas music), I’m speeding things up a bit and add Day 3 AND Day 4 in today Day 2 too. So let’s wait no more! 😀
Favorite Christmas Tradition (New or Old)
Since they didn’t include s in tradition, I’ll go with my one and only favorite.
Christmas Music All Day Long — I love Christmas music! Love love love them. Although I can’t really say the same to my cousins. So, when Christmas comes, there in NO reason for them to tell me “no”, and that is just awesome! Also, have you ever feel like you are starring in a movie because you are wearing DIY ugly sweater and playing with your siblings and dogs while Christmas music is blaring in the background? Yeah, I thought so too. 😉
Favorite Christmas Recipe/Food
Peppermint Bark — I thought chocolate was made from Heaven when I first tasted it (no kidding, I was a kid). Didn’t take that long for me to realize that the “Heaven” that I spoke of was actually Super Target next to my house. Still, that doesn’t say anything about how awesome chocolate is, and so of course I HAVE to love Peppermint Bark.
Did you see those peppermint barks?! *swoon*
Here is the instructions that I got from All Recipes for it for those who wants to do it! Enjoy!! ❤
- 30 crushed peppermint hard candies, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds milk chocolate candy, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds white chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil-based peppermint flavoring, or to taste
- Add all ingredients to list
- Spread 1/3 of the peppermint candy over a 9×13-inch baking pan lined with wax paper.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the top of a double boiler over just-barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, just until melted. Pour the melted chocolate over peppermint candy in the prepared pan. Sprinkle another 1/3 of the candy on top of the milk chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens, about 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over just-barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Stir in the oil-based peppermint flavoring. Pour the white chocolate over the milk chocolate, then spread the remaining 1/3 peppermint candy on top.
- Refrigerate until the white chocolate hardens, about 30 minutes. Cut or break into pieces to serve.
Share a Christmas Story or Write One of Your Own
‘Twas the night before Christmas…
And all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a….
Hahaha! XD I’m so sorry, but this is hilarious! (I love puns) I found this on Pinterest, and can’t wait to share it with someone, ’till this day…
Anyway, hope y’all like this. And if you have any Christmas story that you wish to share – a funny memory, for example – I have all ears (or eyes)! Comment below. ❤