Thank you Parneet @ The Enchanted Book for nominated me for the award! I’m so happy. Blogosphere is such a wonderful place full of amazing friends, and guess they are my family now too. That just sounds awesome! 😀 I’m a bit late posting the award (I think I got nominated a month ago—I’m so sorry for the lateness), but I hope I can do something to make this up for you guys. Again, thank you Parneet so so much. And her blog is absolutely amazing, you really need to drop by if you haven’t.
Part 1: Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger has given you.
- Nominate ten other bloggers.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Part 2: Answer the Questions
I love this part! Can’t wait to see what The Enchanted Book has for me 🙂
1. Name three things you could not live without.
- Air, books, and my glasses. They all quite link together, actually. I need air to live so I can keep my glasses and read my book (prefer with a cup of tea).
2. If you could jump into your last read book and “act” as the protagonist (and the story would be the same as you read it) would you?
- My most recently read book is To Kill A Mockingbird. It has quite a peaceful setting, except for the fact that the people are very prejudiced. But being Scout is awesome, at least I get to be a kid again and finally have a older brother. So, why not?
3. Do you snack while reading? If so, what do you snack on?
- I do. But not very often. Usually I would eat whatever I have in front of me—mostly fruits or milk—and also moving around a lot (with my kindle) if I’m in the mood for finding food. The best part about having a kindle (beside the bad part where you can’t smell it) is that you don’t afraid that the food will leave stains on the pages.
4. Why do you blog?
- Well, I just simply really want to share what I think about books to others, and know that someone will read it and have the same feeling as me. That’s the reason why and it’s the best part of being in the blogging community.
- There are many minor reasons, though. I’m that person who can never get anyone attention (once in a class oral quiz, the teacher literally forgot to call on me. I didn’t complain though 😀 ), so I can’t really discuss about book with anyone. And also, my writing has been improve a lot since I started blogging. Win-win for me!
5. If you were deserted on an island, one person you would like to take with you? It could be fictional or not.
- Definitely fictional. I love my family a lot, but I don’t think they will have a lot of useful advice when it comes to “get lost on an island”, and I don’t want them to be harmed anyway. Hmm, I would take the little mermaid with me. Not the Ariel-Disney version, but the original fairy tale one. Simply because she can tell her dad to (by some ways that doesn’t kill me) get me home. And also, if she’s with me on the island, then she won’t be able to meet the prince and die. I still cry reading that part!
6. Name 3 characters that you would like to punch in the face.
- Umbridge from Harry Potter (come on, isn’t that obvious), Octavian from Percy Jackson, and Lord Voldemort (also from HP). The first two really deserve it, but Voldemort, well, I actually like him (I’m weird), but just imagine having a chance to actually touch him, not to mention punch. Just wow….
7. What book would you recommend to a person who thinks reading is “boring”?
- Percy Jackson! Harry Potter is too long, but Percy Jackson is just perfect. They will be pulled into that mythical, full of adventures book and never get out (hahaha *evil laugh* I’m sorry, I mean free cookies and ice-cream). It would depend on the person too, actually. If they are in high school or college and enjoy the romance, then Soul Screamers will do great.
8. What is your favorite book cover? Why?
- Untamed by A. G. Howard. It’s an extra book from the Splintered series. It hasn’t published yet, but it’s one of the top anticipating books of mine. Can’t wait for it!
- Why? Well, see for yourself. That cover is a masterpiece! It is gorgeous beyond words.
9. How’s your blogging experience up until now?
- To be honest, I hat….. Just kidding! I love EVERY minute of it. Everyone is super friendly and supportive. I absolutely adore it. I hope that I will always feel the same about blogging in the future.
10. Who are your biggest fictional role models?
- Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson. She is strong, she is smart, and she has gray eyes with awesome boyfriend (hahaha :D) I think because this series is one of my first novels-novels, so it leaves quite deep impression in me. Nevertheless, Annabeth is the definition of cool nerds, so yea, she is awesome!
Part 3: Questions
- If you have a supernatural power, what would it be? (Be creative. It can be anything from “faking anyone voice or handwriting” to “eat a sandwich in 1 second”)
- If you could commit a crime and get away with it, what would you choose?
- If you only have 1 week left to read and will never touch a book again after that, what books would you read? (can be as many as you think you can handle in 1 week)
- Name one bad habit while you are reading.
- Is there a quote that you try to live by?
- How long have you been blogging and what is your favorite post? (your own post)
- Do you know the story behind your name? If so, can you tell us?
- If you possess a time machine that can only travel to the past, where and when would you go?
- Cat or Dog? Chocolate or Vanilla? Cookies or Cream? (I think I just cheated on this question’s’)
- What is your favorite question that you have ever been asked?
Part 4: And the Nominees are……..
- Pages by Poppy
- Blogs Of A Bookaholic
- Books and Stuff
- Words Like Silver
- Of Love & Wanderlust
- Jewel’s Eclectic Books
- Book Allure
- Book Delights
And YOU! Because you are awesome and amazing!