Thank you two awesome bloggers Sydney @ Books and Stuff and Syc @ The Lit Mermaid for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award! I was so thrilled! And if you don’t know these two fellows, chop-chop and check their blogs out, because they are amazing!
If you are nominated, you have to…
1) Nominated 15 other bloggers that you want to give the award to. Do some research, or check your “Blogs I Follow”. Go out there and find the blogs! Remember, you cannot nominate yourself or the person who nominated you.
2) Show off your award! Write a small post about how your blog was brought into action and a piece or two of advice for other bloggers out there. And don’t forget to share that cool, fancy picture. *point over*
3) Comment on each blog. Let the nominators know they were nominated.
4) Provide a link to the original post at Edge of Night so others can find the original award.
The story behind Book Is Glee
I had the idea of creating a book blog a long time ago, but never have the courage and time (or that’s what I thought back then) to do so. It all happened at a weird cafeteria’s table, when my friends suggested we all should try to become a internet’s celebrity *facepalm* and gave me all of their awesome support on my idea to start a book blog. So I just went home, turned on my laptop, and started to go for it. It was an odd (but wonderful) memory, and without it, I wouldn’t be typing this right now. Big thanks to them!
And also, thesaurus.com has a very big part in making Book Is Glee. I was born having a bad relationship with names and this blog might have a very terrible title if there is no Thesaurus.
My very inexperienced but sincere advice
I have two simple things to tell you guys. Been blogging not for long, but I’ve learned a few things from many awesome people.
No. 1 – Go for it!
Don’t hesitate. Don’t let fear or whatever reason stop you from doing what you want (illegal stuff is a special case). I made a mistake for not doing all of this sooner, and I regret it. So if you have new ideas, go for it!
No. 2 – Get involved.
Talk and learn from other bloggers out there. Follow their blogs and like their posts, that will make their days. One thing I learn from my itsy bitsy experience is that blogging community is a super welcoming and friendly place, so don’t worry that you won’t fit in (repeat, this is NOT high school). You need to get involve in other bloggers “life” if you want them to involve in yours.
1) Emily ~ Books & Cleverness
2) Jessica ~ Bookish Serendipity
3) Alicia ~ #LoveBooks
4) Becky ~ Blogs Of A Bookaholic
5) Lizzy ~ mylittlebookblog
6) Grace ~ Words Like Silver
7) Joey ~ Bloggin’ Books and Stuff
8) Bookmark Chronicles
9) Parneet ~ The Enchanted Book
10) Jessica ~ Jessica’s Rainbow Inspiration
11) Merin ~ Read and Reviewed
12) Jewel ~ Jewel’s Eclectic Books
13) Erika & Miedjel ~ partnersinbooks
14) Poppy ~ Pages by Poppy
15) Xander ~ Forever Bookish
All of these blogs are awesome! So check them out if you haven’t.